They gave us 48 hours to return home before all the airports in the country would shut down to contain the spread of Covid-19. There are huge numbers of us outside the mother country, numbers the size of which are mostly familiar to the Third World. So I rushed home as the skies were being closed and barricaded, managing to catch the last flight back. Who leaves elderly parents alone in the mother country in times of crises? Not those from the Arab world. Not if you want to die easy. Not if you want to live easy,...Read More
Author: May Hawas
- Hegel, Recognition, and “Grievance Studies”
- The 60’s as Founding: On David Bromwich’s “How Words Make Things Happen”
- Weimar Moment?
- The Time It Will Take: Building Left Social Democracy in Spain (and the U.S.)
- Put Your Yard Signs Out Again
- Under Conditions Not of Our Choosing
- Nothing Sadder Than Cold Grits
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to Politics/Letters Live for regular updates and special content.