Photo courtesy of Frances Negrón-Muntaner More than a month into a government-mandated curfew that began on March 16, it remains unclear if the coronavirus outbreak in Puerto Rico will become another catastrophic turning point. Some believe it is inevitable due to the archipelago’s multiple “pre-existing conditions.” In addition to being legally subject to US Congressional sovereignty, these include a high proportion of residents who are older or suffer from illnesses, a limited number of medical personnel and hospital beds, numerous people in unsafe living situations due to gender violence or homelessness, and a profiteering and neglectful government. But unlike...Read More
Author: Frances Negron-Muntaner
- “Love Is Blind” Beyond the Edit
- Julius Nyerere Translates “Julius Caesar” into Swahili, Dar es Salaam, 1963
- To Be Real! “Barbie” as a “Bacchae”
- THE MAR-A-LAGO AIR
- What Genre is “Succession”?
- News from the Staten Island Ferry
- Trump’s “Town Hall” A Counternarrative
- On “BreadTube:” Can YouTube Video Essays Be an Effective Form of Leftist Critique?
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to Politics/Letters Live for regular updates and special content.