Escape from New Jersey Last Saturday [March 28], when Trump announced that he wanted to throw a cordon sanitaire around the tri-state area, I immediately started to wonder how I could get out of here. Looking at Google maps, I realized to my dismay that New Jersey is almost entirely surrounded by water. In fact, the Garden State is actually a kind of isthmus, which now seems rather easily blockaded. What are the options? There would be no point in heading east, through New York City, unless there had already been a decisive breakthrough into Connecticut. Not likely. All...Read More
Author: Richard Dienst
- The Hard Hat Riot of May 1970: A Slice of Non-Memoir
- Melissa Broder in Death Valley
- Something or Nothing at All
- “Love Is Blind” Beyond the Edit
- Julius Nyerere Translates “Julius Caesar” into Swahili, Dar es Salaam, 1963
- To Be Real! “Barbie” as a “Bacchae”
- THE MAR-A-LAGO AIR
- What Genre is “Succession”?
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to Politics/Letters Live for regular updates and special content.