Vicious Patrick Cabell October 20, 2020 For many years I was condemned to love a wretched woman Sacrifice myself for her, suffer vicious insults and humiliations, To work night and day for her food and way of life, Sneaking packages off fancy doorsteps, concealing goods from the security guard. Under the moon I slipped across the border unnoticed To remain the apple of her fascinating eyes. At times we would ride bikes together on the levee, cursing the tourists in cars Before sleeping in the woods like a couple, Or once in awhile would ferociously make out at the...Read More
Author: Patrick Cabell
- Hegel, Recognition, and “Grievance Studies”
- The 60’s as Founding: On David Bromwich’s “How Words Make Things Happen”
- Weimar Moment?
- The Time It Will Take: Building Left Social Democracy in Spain (and the U.S.)
- Put Your Yard Signs Out Again
- Under Conditions Not of Our Choosing
- Nothing Sadder Than Cold Grits
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to Politics/Letters Live for regular updates and special content.