How Fascism Works is devoted to explaining fascist politics. The book is devoted, that is, to a description of a specific ideology and set of tactics to gain power. It is composed of ten chapters. Each chapter is devoted to a distinct aspect of fascist ideology and propaganda. I understand fascist ideology as the endpoint of an ideological continuum. An ideology can be more or less fascist, depending upon how many of these ten distinct characteristics it embraces. For example, a traditional caste based system is one that rests on a hierarchy of value. Such a system overlaps in...Read More
Author: Jason Stanley
- “Love Is Blind” Beyond the Edit
- Julius Nyerere Translates “Julius Caesar” into Swahili, Dar es Salaam, 1963
- To Be Real! “Barbie” as a “Bacchae”
- THE MAR-A-LAGO AIR
- What Genre is “Succession”?
- News from the Staten Island Ferry
- Trump’s “Town Hall” A Counternarrative
- On “BreadTube:” Can YouTube Video Essays Be an Effective Form of Leftist Critique?
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to Politics/Letters Live for regular updates and special content.