On Thursday, April 26, 2018, the Columbia grad workers’ strike strike received support from the Irish President, Michael Higgins. But more on that later. After the first two days of picketing, I was sunburned but energized by the past two days’ showing: over 1,000 graduate workers signed into our picket on the first day, with large enough turnout on the following (rainy) day to maintain pickets on the east and west entrances to Columbia’s Morningside campus. I’m a graduate student in environmental science, and my pay and future career prospects are tied to my research. As such I was...Read More
Author: Colleen Baublitz
- Tombstone to Tutti Frutti: Where’s Your Hillbilly Elegy?
- Throw a Tampon at Your Dad: “The Worst Person in the World” is Joachim Trier’s Best Film Yet
- Lauren Greenfield: Between Critique and Publicity
- Maid in America: Whiteness as Property
- east berlin, in retrospect
- A Christmas Prayer
- Trump’s Chumps
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to Politics/Letters Live for regular updates and special content.