“UNBELIEVABLE”–Scenes from a Structure ANONYMOUS Watching the new Netflix series Unbelievable has made me remember some things I’d forgotten, or maybe I tried to forget them. I now recall when I first heard the word “manipulative”. It is a word I – and my parents, who were not fluent English speakers – learned from my older brother and sister who accused my mother of being manipulative. She was. I am sure I just overheard it that first time in some conversation that did not include me, since I was the youngest by far in the family. I recall...Read More
- Tombstone to Tutti Frutti: Where’s Your Hillbilly Elegy?
- Throw a Tampon at Your Dad: “The Worst Person in the World” is Joachim Trier’s Best Film Yet
- Lauren Greenfield: Between Critique and Publicity
- Maid in America: Whiteness as Property
- east berlin, in retrospect
- A Christmas Prayer
- Trump’s Chumps
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to Politics/Letters Live for regular updates and special content.