Installment 34 of Car Poems slows down for a closer look at quotidien situations that we normally bypass. Alyssa Harmon’s vignettes invite us to linger upon car ads, sudden departures, and passengers for whom we take longer than necessary. *** a car advertisement jeep wrangler 1997 62416 miles manual transmission (that’s why he won’t hold your hand) gas meter not very reliable (or maybe it was just his poor judgment) cool ac for the sticky florida summers removable soft top for unplanned drives in storms a loud engine to fill the heavy silences one too many nights spent in...Read More
Author: Alyssa Harmon
- The Hard Hat Riot of May 1970: A Slice of Non-Memoir
- Melissa Broder in Death Valley
- Something or Nothing at All
- “Love Is Blind” Beyond the Edit
- Julius Nyerere Translates “Julius Caesar” into Swahili, Dar es Salaam, 1963
- To Be Real! “Barbie” as a “Bacchae”
- THE MAR-A-LAGO AIR
- What Genre is “Succession”?
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to Politics/Letters Live for regular updates and special content.