Killing Times: Theory and the Abolition of the Death Penalty Fonda Shen In the introduction of Killing Times: The Temporal Technology of the Death Penalty (Fordham University Press, 2019), David Wills, currently Professor of French and Comparative Literature at Brown University, declares his book to be abolitionist, meant to lead the reader to pronounce time of death on the death penalty. There is certainly no dearth of such treatises. They attack the practice from every possible direction, pointing out injustices of all sorts: racist policing; elected judges overriding jury recommendations of life; tortuous method of lethal injection. If...Read More
Author: Fonda Shen
- “Love Is Blind” Beyond the Edit
- Julius Nyerere Translates “Julius Caesar” into Swahili, Dar es Salaam, 1963
- To Be Real! “Barbie” as a “Bacchae”
- THE MAR-A-LAGO AIR
- What Genre is “Succession”?
- News from the Staten Island Ferry
- Trump’s “Town Hall” A Counternarrative
- On “BreadTube:” Can YouTube Video Essays Be an Effective Form of Leftist Critique?
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to Politics/Letters Live for regular updates and special content.